Monday, September 26, 2005

Good Things

Life works in very mysterious and interesting ways. The enlightenment of moments when all the pieces fall into place make struggling through what life throws at us completely worth it. I had a booty call set up for Friday, someone amazingly cool and cute that I found on Craigslist, but after a week of getting all worked up for the date, the plans fell through. Not really anyone's fault, but I was rather sexually frustrated upon realizing I wasn't going to be getting any, and I ended up taking it out on my vibrator several times throughout the weekend.

Two Thursdays ago, I received a "wink" from someone who liked my profile on Match.com. She had no picture in her profile, but I read it over and found she sounded interesting. We had common likes and interests, so I winked back. As I live two hours away from my female best friend, I have been wanting to meet someone here that I can really talk to. Not to mention I know virtually no queer people in this town, so I figured I'd approach it from the friends angle and see what happened.

I got an email from her in response, and because I don't subscribe to Match, they stripped her email address from the note. She sounded really cool and I wanted to write her back. As I was debating whether to subscribe to reply (and cursing the fact that Match's free trials are never offered when there's someone I want to contact), lo and behold, a 3-day trial offer arrived in my mailbox. Providence? Perhaps, but whoever I have to thank for a small miracle, I jumped on it and wrote her back.

We corresponded a bit, then started talking on the phone. On Saturday, we decided to meet and have dinner on Sunday night. I went into this not thinking it was a date, so I was unnaturally calm. In fact, it's actually kind of weird, because usually I'm nervous throughout a meeting with someone new. Not thinking of it as a date actually worked very much in my favor because she ended up being very cute and sexy -- and damn, she has one yummy ass.

I told my personal "Hitch" about the 22-ish hours I spent with MC on our first date and how bizarre it was that I was so calm. First he cheered me on like the awesome guy he is, then he kind of laughed and asked me if I knew what I'd done. The Tao of Steve? I guessed.

He said, Yeah. You eliminated all desire.

I laughed and replied, It was totally an accident, too..

MC, on the other hand, was really nervous. I kind of got the vibe that she liked me, so I just relaxed even more. We had a good conversation over dinner, then ended up at her apartment to watch the Martha Stewart movie. We had a couple of drinks, lounged on the couch to laugh at the movie, all the while gradually moving closer to each other. Eventually she leaned her head on my shoulder and asked if she could snuggle, and of course I agreed. I put my arm around her shoulders and she rested her head on my chest. When she looked up at me, I leaned down to kiss her.

I had had zero expectations going into this, and it was turning out better than I could have imagined. The kissing led to making out, which lead to her asking me to spend the night. We snuggled and kissed in bed and I would have been satisfied with that, but when she climbed on top of me and straddled my hips, things got turned up another notch or two. Making out turned into really hot, passionate sex. All of it took me entirely by surprise.

Mainly I can't get over how random and weird things happened, like one minute I was whining over being single, and the next minute I meet an awesome girl. Frankly, the ease of it is a little unnerving. I know it should be easy when it's right, but I'm so used to drama and emotional rollercoasters with women. Don't get me wrong, though, it's definitely a very nice change. She so far seems pretty much a good match and I've been really pleased to discover all the things that I really like about her.

So the past week has been spent talking to MC, and after Sunday, we've been spending quite a bit of time together. I feel very comfortable with her and maybe a little amazed that she even likes my qualities that others might find annoying. We have a lot of common interests, so I'm very excited that I have a new partner in crime and someone to share experiences with. And, big plus, the sex is a perfect mixture of languor and hungry passion. I've alluded to my kinky side, which seems to intrigue and interest her, so with time, that will be fun to explore with her. I have so many huge, bruised bite marks all over my neck and shoulders.. while it doesn't look pretty, I have to say I love it. And I definitely loved getting the marks!

4 comments:

InsubordinationFreak said...

Congratulations mate. Life has a lot of twists and turns.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

[spam]